Transition from weight loss program to Step A:
- Slightly Increase calories per day.
- Introduce lean protein choices.
- Introduce some vegetables and fruit.
- May decrease water from a minimum of 3 quarts/day to a minimum of 2 quarts/day.
- If you have not already started, begin taking fish oil (500mg – 1000mg/day).
- Begin taking a multivitamin each day (if using less than 3 MRPs/day)
You will continue:
- To use ____ Meal Replacements/day.
- Using bouillon and magnesium (as prescribed).
- Using any May Haves from the Must Have/May Have list from the weight loss program.
No Alcohol during realimentation. Your calories need to be spent on meeting your nutritional needs.
- You will start with _____ calories per day.
- You will need a minimum of ____ grams of protein per day.
- Your protein choices will include poultry, fish and egg whites. The amounts listed on your foodlist plus your MRP’s will provide you with the amount of protein needed.
- Use a food scale to measure your lean protein choices.
- You will need 3-4 cups of vegetables a day.
- You will choose from the list of vegetable choices on your food list for Step A. Lettuce is on thelist, and allowed, but please don’t count it towards your 3-4 cups. 4 cups of lettuce would only be 20 calories and you need 120 calories/day to meet your caloric needs.
- You will need 75-90 calories of fruit a day. This is typically 5-6 oz of fruit.
- You will choose from the list of fruit choices provided on your food list for Step A.
- Use a food scale to measure the fruit