What can you expect from The Hernried Center?
- Quality Medical Monitoring
- Weight and Blood Pressure measured each week.
- Visit with the medical provider each week.
- Labs drawn at the beginning of the diet, at 2 weeks, at 4 weeks, and then every 4 weeks.
- EKG will be done every 4-8 weeks.
- On-Call Behavioral support.
- On-Call Medical support.
- Class to Start/End on time.
- Up to date nutritional and behavioral information.
- Gentle Confrontation.
- For example, weight gain and plateaus are a natural part of any diet and are caused by many factors. Should this happen in the course of the VLCD, we will discuss possible causes and solutions with you. If the condition persists over time we will suggest another course of action, possibly moving to the maintenance phase until you are ready to return to weight loss.
What can The Hernried Center expect from you?
- Attend class each week. Please call or email if you will miss class.
- Be on time for Medical Monitoring and class. Please arrive 30-45 minutes prior to your class start time for Monitoring.
- Purchase all prescribed meal replacements each week.
- Keep records and bring them to class.
- Bring binder, pen or pencil to class.
- Be respectful of others in the program and honor their confidentiality.
- The minimum expectation of weight loss is 4 pounds a month for women and 6 pounds a month for men. There are exceptions to this.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call or email your behavioral educator.