These side effects may occur during the weight loss phase and for approximately 12 to 16 weeks after weight loss has stopped.
- Report to The Hernried Center physician. You may need extra magnesium.
- Flex feet, keep feet warm, walk.
- DO NOT massage cramps if you have a history of phlebitis.
- DO NOT sit with crossed legs for extended periods of time near the end of the weight loss cycle. Nerve damage can result.
ORTHOSTATIC HYPOTENSION (lightheadedness)
- Change positions slowly, get out of bed slowly. Stand up slowly.
- AVOID hot baths, steam baths, whirlpool, sauna, diving, horseback riding, motorcycling, swimming alone, weight-lifting or piloting an airplane until you are stabilized (approximately 2-3 weeks). Then proceed with caution.
- Immediately prior to entering a steam bath, you must have 1-2 quarts of pure water and one bouillon. DO NOT GO ALONE.
- DO NOT wear tight girdles or restricting garments.
HALITOSIS (bad breath)
- If necessary, you may chew up to 5 sticks of sugar-free gum per day.
- Consistent brushing and flossing is helpful.
- Dress warmly.
- Increase heart rate with exercise to counteract cold.
GALL BLADDER PROBLEMS/GALLSTONES
- All weight loss diets increase the risk of gallstones. Careful adherence to the prescribed meal plan is necessary. Notify The Hernried Center immediately of any potential problems.
- If very uncomfortable and if the condition persists beyond three days, notify the clinic (see Keeping You Regular).
- NO enemas.
- Birth control pills may be continued during weight loss.
- Diaphragms must be refitted after every 15-20 pounds of weight loss.