Daily Instructions for Quick 20 Program
Everyday you MUST have:
- 4 Meal Replacement Packets (2 meal replacement bars may take place of 1 packet per day) 1 Meal
- 2 to 4 Quarts of Water
Notes on water: Soda, coffee, & caffeinated tea do not count.
One quart must be pure water. The remaining water may be mineral water, flavored water, decaffeinated or herbal tea. Mineral or flavored water must have 5 calories per 8 fl. oz or less. Examples: Crystal Light (regular or On the Go), Calistoga, Crystal Geyser, Sugar Free Kool- Aid, Club Soda, Seltzer water, MiO, and Diet Tonic Water.
Everyday you MAY have:
- Coffee or tea
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) non-fat milk
- Packets of artificial sweetener (Sweet ‘N’Low, Equal, Splenda, Stevia) or Sugar free Torani syrups
- 2 oz. sugar free sodas ** having 1 cal/8 fl. oz. or less (No Snapple or fruit juice drinks)
- Omega-3 fatty acids in the form of fish oil, up to 1000 mg. The enteric-coated capsules are less likely to cause “fish burbs”
- Herb-Ox Bouillon, up to 3 cubes, as needed. Separate bouillon and beverage by at least once hour.
- Fiber * in the form of:
- 1 or 2 AHS fiber drinks/gelatins OR
- Up to 2 tsp. sugar free fiber beverage (Metamucil, Benefiber) OR Up to 2 tsp. unprocessed wheat bran
- One small lemon or lime
- Dried herbs and spices
- Walden Farms salad dressing or coffee creamer
Items you MAY NOT have:
- Sugarless candy/mints (ie. Breath Savers, Tic Tacs)
- Coffee creamers
- Diabetic or “sugar free” foods (ie. ice cream, pudding, jello, cookies)
- Extracts (ie. vanilla)
- Condiments (ie. Pickles, relishes, jam or jelly) or Sauces
- Cornstarch or flour
- Anything else not on the list
*Although this diet provides all recommended daily allowances for vitamins and minerals, you will not receive adequate fiber solely by adhering to meal choices. Thus, you may choose to take fiber beverage on a daily basis.
** There is considerable controversy around whether or not artificially sweetened beverages stimulate appetite. If you find yourself feeling hungry or craving sweets, you may want to curb your diet soda consumption.