Transition off the diet:
- Increase calories per day.
- Increase protein choices.
- Increase vegetable choices.
- Add fruit.
- Use 2 Meal Replacements/day.
- Drink a minimum of 2 quarts of water per day.
- Start taking fish oil (500mg – 1000mg/day).
- Start taking a multivitamin each day.
- Continue using magnesium (as prescribed).
No Alcohol while you reintroduce foods. Your calories need to be spent on meeting your nutritional needs.
- You will increase your caloric intake by 100-200 calories. Increase to 1200 total calories per day if you were on 4 packets plus 1 meal on the Quick 20.
- You will need a minimum of 80 g of protein per day for women and 100 g per day for men.
- Your protein choices will include meal replacement packets (0-2/day), poultry, fish, plain non-fat yogurt, non-fat cottage cheese, non-fat milk and eggs. Mix and match these items to get the amount of protein you need per day. Only consume ½ cup dairy the first 3 days.
- Use a food scale or measuring cup to measure your lean protein choices.
- See food list for Week 1 in the Planning Your Day worksheet.
- You will need 3-4 cups of vegetables a day.
- You will choose from the list of vegetable choices on your food list for Week 1 in the Planning Your Day worksheet. Remember raw leafy vegetables do not count towards your 3-4 cups. However if you cook the leafy vegetables, like spinach, you do count it towards the 3-4 cups.
- Add in up to 120 calories of fruit a day. This is typically 8oz of fruit.
- You will choose from the list of fruit choices provided on your food list for Week 1 in the Planning Your Day worksheet.
- Use a food scale to measure the fruit.