Sacramento is the capitol of California and one of the state’s most historic cities. And if you’re trying to lose weight and want to stay active, you’re in luck. There is so much to see and do, from walking and running tours to playing golf or just finding a great walking trail in one of our many parks.
And did you know? Sacramento is home to the world’s oldest triathlon, but it’s anything but traditional. Instead of running, biking and swimming, Eppie’s Great Race® consists of running, biking and kayaking. In fact, it has grown to be the largest, single-day kayaking event in the United States.
Fuel your Sacramento weight loss with local activities to help you lose weight
On land or in the river, here are some ways to get out there to burn some calories and enjoy the wonderful Sacramento weather:
- American River Cycle Trail – Part of the American Discovery Trail, this 30-mile path is perfect for burning some calories walking, running or cycling. It meanders through the city, crisscrossing parks, with views of the Sacramento River.
- Sacramento Zoo – With 14 acres to stroll, you can get some steps in as you view the animals (the giraffe exhibit is a local favorite, and you can even feed them at certain times), take in a stage show or attend a Keeper Chat to learn about your favorite animal. The zoo is located in William Land Park.
- William Land Park – Or “Land Park” if you want to sound like a local, offers more than 165 acres of room to play or just relax. There’s a 9-hole golf course, the zoo, and the kids are sure to love Fairytale Town and Funderland. The park also includes baseball, softball and soccer fields and jogging trails. There is also a basketball court and plenty of picnic areas with tables and barbecues.
- Walking Tours – Granted, these activities include some food and wine tasting, but each tour lasts about three hours. Plus, it’s a great way to learn about the history, art, culture and neighborhoods of the city. Some of our favorites are the Downtown Historical Tour, the Midtown Arts Tour and the Sutter District Tour.
- Whitewater Rafting – Feeling adventurous? Experience a full day of whitewater rafting on the South Fork of the American River. You’ll be with an experienced guide who will teach you the basics of safety and boat handling, then you’ll splash your way along different parts of the beautiful American River. Talk about a core workout! Tours leave from River Park Resort in Lotus, California — about one hour’s drive from Sacramento.
With a proven plan and expert guidance, Sacramento weight loss is permanent weight loss
At The Hernried Center for Medical Weight Loss, we’re proud to be the leaders in creating Sacramento weight loss plans that help people look better, feel better and live better. Our proven medical and scientific programs, and complete support of the physical, emotional and behavior challenges of weight loss have helped thousands of people lose weight and keep it off.
To learn more, call us today at 800-815-4881 or click here to request a complimentary phone consultation.