If you’re frustrated by a few extra pounds you can’t seem to lose, feel “fat” or worry about being obese, you’re not alone. Statistics show more than 70 percent of U.S. adults are overweight or obese. Many people want a quick fix, and try to lose the extra pounds through different weight-loss programs or diet trends. But are these programs safe? Will they even work for you?
And with so many ads, programs and celebrities vying for your attention, deciding where to invest your time and money can be overwhelming.
How to choose a weight loss program
Aside from losing weight, a measure of success for a weight loss program should include reaching and maintaining a healthy weight. Legitimate weight-loss programs should promote healthy behaviors that help you lose weight safely, and lose it in ways you can incorporate into your daily routine, so you keep the weight off.
A few key factors that safe, successful weight-loss programs should feature include:
- Complete medical support – A physician will be able to review any medical problems you have or any medicines you take. This can reveal if your health or medications may be affecting your weight or your ability to lose weight. A doctor can also determine yourbody mass index (BMI) to see whether you’re overweight or obese.
- Lifestyle counseling – This teaches you how to change old behaviors by developing and sticking with healthier eating habits and activities.
- Frequent communication – Make sure some form of monitoring, feedback or support is available with the program, either in person, by phone, online, or through a combination of these approaches.
- Steady weight-loss goals – Look for a rate of about 1 to 2 pounds per week (though weight loss may be faster at the start of a program).
- A plan to keep it off – Make sure the program includes self-checks through a food and/or activity journal and options for ongoing counseling and support.
Here’s the program that helps you lose weight and keep it off
At The Hernried Center for Medical Weight Loss, our proven approach was developed by medical director and board-certified physician, Dr. John Hernried. He leads our team in offering the leading permanent weight loss program in Sacramento, Davis, Roseville, and Folsom, California. Because losing weight is physical, emotional, social, behavioral and environmental, we counsel you on these aspects and more to help you achieve your goals. We also provide advanced tools and resources to fit your busy lifestyle, along with every means of ongoing support to help you keep that weight off for life.
You can change your life, starting today. To learn more, call 800-815-4881 or click here to request a complimentary phone consultation.