Exercise and dieting are incredibly personal, self-activated, and self-maintained plans. And understanding what exactly the values of performing exercises are may help strengthen your drive to achieve your goals for fitness and weight success. Let’s focus on a few key reasons for why exercise helps.
3 best exercises for your journey
While aerobic exercises are the core of most exercise programs, strength and flexibility training have unique and powerful payoffs. Here are some of the best exercises for weight loss:
- Traditional cardiovascular exercise
- What does it do? Targets big muscle groups for large calorie burn over a sustained amount of time.
- What do you see? Sweating, heavier breathing, increased and sustained active heart rate, gradual fatigue build up.
- Strength exercise
- What does it do? Quickly stresses a target muscle or group with the goals of range of motion, force development, and muscle overload.
- What do you see? Faster fatigue, some sweating, slightly swollen and sore muscles that build in size and strength faster than with cardiovascular exercise.
- Flexibility training
- What does it do? Increases range of motion and lengthens muscle fibers, reduces stress, and can act as a meditative experience.
- What do you see? Better posture for daily activities, more coordination, freedom of movement, better sleep, and possibly reduced body fat from letting go of all that stress.
To lose and maintain weight effectively, practice each of these principles within a complete program that includes a nutritional plan tailored to your body type and weight goals.
Dieting and weight loss doesn’t have to be complicated
The specialists at The Hernried Center for Medical Weight Loss can help you achieve your weight loss goals with a complete, medically supervised diet and exercise program, tailored just for you.
When you have the emotional, mental and physical support you need, you can lose weight, keep it off and live life on your terms.
If you’re looking for a safe, easy-to-follow program to help with weight loss in Folsom, Davis, Roseville and Sacramento, call 800-815-4881. We offer proven, highly effective solutions that have been continually refined over our 30 years of experience.